Die Schönste Krankheit des Weltalles

Mr. Murphy Says It Better

Acknowledgements

lunes, 1 de septiembre de 2008

Flashback

I'm not sure what on earth this could be. How I can easily do it strikes me even more mysterious. Maybe someone will instantly trace from somewhere this phrase/reference but, "I remember everything. Yes. I remember everything perfectly." Yet, how should I call it? Recurrence is synonym of frequency, thence I cannot qualify such dream so. I seldom remember what I dream but, sometimes those dreams stand out and survive thanks to their intense content, even if their nature doesn't reflect anything related to my life or circumstances. I've had lately the same dream I had many years ago, though the events were slightly yet fatefully different.

The first time I had such a dream was on December 31st 2004--how come I can remember such things and their accurate dates? Though I still don't know what could've produced such dream. Back then I wasn't worried, I was happier, calmer, I was doing fine in my first days in University. Yet such dreams always come out of the blue. I was in the subway, in one of the most important transfer station--it was not so crowded on that moment, though. Everything looked pretty normal. A few people walked back and forth on the platform. I was just waiting for the train to come until I suddenly heard screams and a lot of swearing. Two guys were rushing towards me as they ran away from another armed guy. As they came closer to me I managed to step aside and they just went by. When they approached the dead-end the train arrived and one of the runaways jumped into the rails. Yet I neither saw any blood or heard anyone's cry. He was obviously mashed into pinkish trails, since the train didn't brake at all. A few moments later the platform was crowded with morbid viewers, cops, and coroners. I managed to see what was left of the poor guy. even if he intentionally jumped.

This year, on August 31st, this dream came back, though in different shape. Once again it took place in another transfer station. Yet this time lots of people stood there. Two men in blue uniforms--who weren't cops--were on the rails working on something. I found it quite strange seeing them operating at that time of the day. As the train approached the driver saw the men a bit late but pulled the brakes. One of the men managed to climb the platform; the other one couldn't make it. The train couldn't stop in time and smashed the poor man's head. I went too frighted when I saw this. The other people had nervous attacks. Para-medics and coroners filled the place. The station was closed. We all were driven out.

I still don't why I dreamed such things. I even know less why such dream came back after four years. I've never thought of throwing myself into the rails.

No hay comentarios:

Still Life



Lyrics: Joakim Montelius