Die Schönste Krankheit des Weltalles

Mr. Murphy Says It Better

Acknowledgements

martes, 12 de enero de 2010

3rd Anniversary

The afterglow of the previous years couldn't have been called in such way since, today, clouds hindered the transit of light all over the sky, casting a sort of grayish shade through the cold atmosphere of this season. An intermittent sleet has blown at the face of the city now and then, cooling the air and absorbing any warmth emmitted by living beings.

The rain keeps falling on the restless buildings. People don't receive this rare gift as enthusiastically as only a few of us do. They hate it. They can't bear a single day without the suffocating aftermath of global warming. This is the first time I have seen a seasonal change in these latitudes and I'm trying to get the best part of it. This portion of the globe doesn't seem to know the movement of weather, it always stays the same. By mistake some mass of polar wind might make this far an cool the mood of this city, but it only lasts a couple of days; this time, however, it seems that winter has come to stay for a long while. People can't bear this and they stay home. I take advantage of this weakness of theirs and go out more often. Winter has driven away my natural foe, crowds.

Night falls sooner than expected and I seem to attain the restlesness people has lately lost, for I take longer walks to try to spot the twilight and find any resemblance from the earlier days. No colours shine and I realize that, despite the thousand sunsets that will shine far above, such sunset will never come back. I could listen back then to the cracking leaves, lying on the ground, being swept by the wind back and forth, blown by the cars driving on the roads. The afternoon reached the point of no return and I knew things would never be the same.

I walk through the same empty streets and then get lost among the lost, as an attempt to retrieve something I have lost back then. I haven't recovered myself. I haven't felt the same shiver, I haven't heard the same tone of such calling. In the same way I try to find the long gone sign to understand the true meaning but I have failed. Everything is in its right place and that is not the right signal, since the most drawing things in life bear certain counterbalance in themselves, they must stand out from the gray.

I've followed her steps on the very sidewalk she moved away from my reach. The redish-brown light of her eyes still glows in my head and I failed to trace it. Everyday her slim shape dissolves in my mind as I try to remember her walking by that red wall and then away in the distance, noticing that such screenshot would never be displayed in the same sequence. Does she remember? Did it mean something for her, if any? The infinite possibility lingers in my head. Her image stayed inside me.

The weather turns into a frozen meteor and produces a cold light, concealing sunset deep beneath a hovering curtain. There is no day on which I don't think of her. The red wall she walked by and she camouflaged herself in still bears the same colour, but it's not the same any longer. I myself am not the same I was three years ago. The one-way road on which she walked away from me somehow resembles the way life flows. If I remember her she will stay by my side forever.

No hay comentarios:

Still Life



Lyrics: Joakim Montelius