Die Schönste Krankheit des Weltalles

Mr. Murphy Says It Better

Acknowledgements

miércoles, 27 de enero de 2010

(Dis-)Play

Before the last year ended I thought of buying a camera and attend some photography classes, this last idea came from a suggestion of a friend of mine. I need to go out outside more and forget about the weaving spiders in my head. I haven't bought it, though. For a reason I still think I can't find anything worth-shooting. On the other hand I sometimes find myself in scenes in which I wish I had a camera to seize the details of certain moments. Once I saw a dead roach lying on the floor of an Armani store show window, right in the middle of two quite fancy dressed mannequins. In that moment I said: "such a classy funeral!"

I've never thought, however, of photographing people, nor even shooting myself. If I wanted to be shot by someone I would pick Anton Corbijn to perform such task. Photographs portray several scenes in life, and the people who play certain roles in them. But I am not quite into stealing people's souls because I guess there is nothing important to keep from them. I would, nevertheless, shoot my closest relatives, for they have special roles and meanings in my life. Maybe I'd try to choose a few friends to include in the record, but perhaps I would drop this option.

Some people's roles seem to run deep in life, but on a second thought these turn to be shallow cameos, not worthy of remaining. They only go by and, the sooner they walk away, the better. Film ought not to be wasted. I'd rather use it in places, objects, screenshots, skylines, etc, sceneries in which I could put myself greatly and stay in record, to prove I had a life.

No hay comentarios:

Still Life



Lyrics: Joakim Montelius