Die Schönste Krankheit des Weltalles

Mr. Murphy Says It Better

Acknowledgements

martes, 1 de diciembre de 2009

Reality?

My father and sister share a strange ability I never understood--up until now, quite recently. They are somehow clairevoyants, clairevoyants in whose dreams they meet people from their pasts and whose destinies would be, sooner or later, fulfilled. Many years ago my sister dreamt of a neighbour of ours who, a few days later, passed away. Her dreams do not appear quite fateful every time, though, but it seems she has a supernatural fiber for certain things. I feel sometimes that her mind is much more open to certain invisible vibes, which allow her to foresee several things to come. Her dreams seldom fail.

On the other hand, my father takes more seriously those dreams. In a manner of speaking he has the gift of predicting troubles. He usually tells me those dreams as an attempt to drive ill fortune away from us, for he is quite superstitious and the rule for bad dreams demands such protection. I can't blame this belief anymore because of my own experience, since in the previous months my dreams said to me something I would have never expected to notice. Sometimes dreams tell us things so that we can have a chance to prevent them or, if the nature of the future is quite unescappable, at least to be ready for them. Dreams might be mistaken as a branch of the inherent to all people sixth sense. Survivors tend to develop it more than couch potatoes. People who experience war, natural disasters, any kind of imminent threats to their lives, manage to grow a natural alarm that tells them when to run like possessed even before danger shows up (sixth sense is not to be mistaken as paranoia, either).

Dreams play a decisive role in our everyday self-preservation drama.

Yet today I feel a bit uneasy, for last night a very well esteemed university teacher of mine appeared in my dreams, a teacher whose visit I never thought about before. The biggest problem was that he greeted me by my name, something he would have never done with anyone--he was even friendly to me. I hope my dreams don't attain the ominous nature of my father's, for I wouldn't like to hear that something bad happened to him. I hope he is ok.

No hay comentarios:

Still Life



Lyrics: Joakim Montelius