Die Schönste Krankheit des Weltalles

Mr. Murphy Says It Better

Acknowledgements

sábado, 29 de mayo de 2010

Analeptic Nights

I finally deigned to meet one of my old schoolmates, though I must confess it wasn't as disappointing as I expected. I didn't take on account that thirteen years had passed, thence I was surprised to find him aged, at certain extent (he's only four months my senior).

He told me about the other mates and how some of them were already family guys. I think they are somehow brave to take the chances on having children, despite they're still young. Either a signal of personnal evolution or awkwardness, I don't think I am emotionally mature enough to have any children, not even to have a romantic interest or relationship. Be as it may I heard about the recent decay of the old elementary school and the departure of the back then staff. It was just a matter of time it would happen, so it didn't surprise me.

But I guess that our past was the only thing we had in common, for, as time went by, the conversation went dull and I lost the feeling of talking. I knew we'd hardly have any common interest by the previous web encounters. I suppose it will be the same if I deign to meet the rest of the guys. Many things have changed and happened. I moved away, they stayed in the same neighbourhood. They went through some paths, I followed others. Maybe I am clinging to bias but I guess I'll have to keep in mind such ideas to know what to expect.

There's always the possibility of using hypertextual means to stay close/away, though.

No hay comentarios:

Still Life



Lyrics: Joakim Montelius