Die Schönste Krankheit des Weltalles

Mr. Murphy Says It Better

Acknowledgements

miércoles, 30 de abril de 2008

It's Just Nothing. It's Just I


Once again, MacBeth keeps bringing up interesting topics to be thought about. The plenty of parallelisms and contradictions in MacBeth's speech leads, according to experts, to ponder all possibilities of non-existence of matter and subjects. This, therefore, can't help but relate to some human issues --at least I can't-- but under another light. It, somehow, seems to be a treaty on emptiness.

Void, according to most definitions, does not possibly exist, since it can't be grasped by human senses. What's the point, then, of naming something that does not even exist? The void, indeed, does exist. Just because it can't be seen does not mean that it is not: God doesn't physically come when someone prays for something (life unfortunately is not a Monty Python movie!) and many people, yet, believe in him. People perhaps believe in this mute promise of a better afterlife for they have just realized that both destiny and earthly circumstances will not be merciful to them;I find myself among them now and then, so that I can't blame them any longer. Put simply, sometimes we prefer the milder less ominous no-thing to the fateful earthliness of matter.

Resignation, however, is one of the most perfect ways to embrace the void, or maybe the other way around, rather. This calmness becomes achievable when this antimatter lies deeply in one's heart or mind. It paradoxically turns into a coherent substance that can almost be grabbed. Void also becomes a smelly barrier that the others detect from miles away, thence feelings of isolation break in, since ordinary people mostly scorn those wretches who drag behind them void and its side-effects. Yet, some of us gladly cling to it due to the lack of a better choice and find it better than reality, as I have previously stated. As for me, I have been in love with void for fifteen months and I don't seem I will get rid of this infatuation in the short term. Why do I like to stick to it, I don't know, maybe because this void had once female form I dare not to forget. Why am I still in love with her, if I only saw her just once and, yet, stupidly let her go, I know even the less. I just know that I embrace this void plenty of times per day without regrets, even if the daily process becomes more painful as days go by. Nevertheless, it is I who, without intention, caused this heart-shaped vortex that will someday suck everything close to it. Once this happens I will embrace the void, return to it, and maybe I'll finally be by her side, as it should have physically happened since fifteen months ago. I shall not feel myself empty anymore.

No hay comentarios:

Still Life



Lyrics: Joakim Montelius